How to order certified copies from Alameda County Recorder?
You have to obtain a Certified Copy of Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates from Alameda County Recorder if you want to obtain an apostille from California Secretary of State afterward.
The Birth, Death, or Marriage events must have occurred in Alameda County in California, otherwise, “ No Public Record Certificate” will be issued and result in the loss of the fees.
All information about Alameda County Recorder Certified copies:-
Alameda County Recorder
1106 Madison Street, 1st Floor
Oakland, CA 94607
Alameda County Recorder: Steve Manning
Telephone: (510) 272-6362
Fax: (510) 208-9957
Official Website: www.acgov.org
Birth Certificate: $30.00 per copy
Death Certificate: $23.00 per copy
Marriage Certificate: $17.00 per copy
Accepted payment method: Check – Money Order
Payable to: Alameda County Recorder
Monday – Friday
8:30 am – 4:30 pm (except holidays)
How to order California State Apostille?
Make sure that your document is ready for an apostille:
- Documents issued from California Health Department such as Birth, Death, Marriage and Divorce must be an original document or certified copy. All signatures must be original
- Company documents such as Commercial Invoice, Certificate of Origin, Agreements, contracts must be signed by a company agent, then notarized by a notary public in California.
- Documents signed by individuals such as Power of Attorney and Affidavit must be notarized by a California notary public
- Prepare a package that includes your documents
- prepare your payment: $50.00 per apostille- Only Money order is acceptable- make it payable to: “US apostille”
- Complete this cover letter and include it with your package
- prepare a prepaid return airway bill using FedEx, UPS, or USPS priority mail
- Mail your package to the following address:
453 South Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013