What is an Apostille?
An apostille is an official attestation affixed on documents destined for international use.
The apostille was first adopted during the Hague Convention 1961, abolishing the legalization requirements of foreign public documents and replace it with a single form of certification, which is the Apostille Stamp.
The Apostille certificate validates the signer’s capacity and proves the validity of the document for foreign use.
How to order California State Apostille?
Make sure that your document is ready for an apostille:
- Documents issued from California Health Department such as Birth, Death, Marriage and Divorce must be an original document or certified copy. All signatures must be original
- Company documents such as Commercial Invoice, Certificate of Origin, Agreements, contracts must be signed by a company agent, then notarized by a notary public in California.
- Documents signed by individuals such as Power of Attorney and Affidavit must be notarized by a California notary public
- Prepare a package that includes your documents
- prepare your payment: $50.00 per apostille- Only Money order is acceptable- make it payable to: “US apostille”
- Complete this cover letter and include it with your package
- prepare a prepaid return airway bill using FedEx, UPS, or USPS priority mail
- Mail your package to the following address:
453 South Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013